Monday 4 August 2008

A Steampunk Superhero

If you're anything like me, then from time to time you've thought that it would be fun to create your own superhero. Well, now you can - at the click of a mouse.
.
If you head over to ugo.com you can try out their HeroMachine 2.5 software. You can choose the pose of your character, gender, hairstyle, companion, costume... pretty much everything!
.
So, in part inspired by the new Batman movie The Dark Knight and in part inspired by my preparations for the next Pax Britannia novel (that's the one after Human Nature), I would like to present Spring-Heeled Jack, a steampunk superhero.

But in all seriousness, I could see a tool like this proving very useful when it comes to creating new characters. You simply design their look using HeroMachine, print it out and then you have a consistent image to refer back to during the writing process. I know it will help me, certainly.

4 comments:

Jeff Hebert said...

Glad you're finding it useful, Jonathan, and thanks for the link! Good luck with the new book.

Jeff Hebert said...

This worked out quite nicely, I followed your link to me back to you, read up on "Unnatural History", and now have ordered it on Amazon! What a wonderful world the Internet has brought us. I look forward to reading it!

Jonathan Green said...

Hi Jeff

Glad to hear you've picked up Unnatural History.

Have you had a chance to read it yet?

Jeff Hebert said...

I haven't yet, but it's next on the list. It took a long time to get here from Amazon for some reason, but I've had it about two weeks, and there were a couple of others ahead of it in the "To read" queue.